2019 CWRA National Conference Sessions and Workshops
Sessions and Workshops
CALL FOR SESSIONS IS NOW CLOSED.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUBMISSIONS FOR SESSIONS AND WORKSHOPS! OUR PROGRAM PLANNING COMMITTEE WILL BE IN TOUCH WITH YOU SOON.
Check back here for session and workshop information.
The Canadian Water Resources Association announces a call for session proposals for the 72nd CWRA National Conference “Shared Water, Competing Ethics: Collaboration in Water Management” to be held at Blue Mountain near Collingwood, Ontario on May 26th to May 29th, 2019. Join CWRA followed by the Canadian Water Summit for Water Week at Blue!
The Canadian Water Resources Association is a non-profit organization that is committed to raising awareness of the value of water and promotes responsible and effective water resource management in Canada.
For the 2019 Annual Conference, we are now accepting Session Proposals that highlight aspects of the conference theme including:
● Our ethics and values for water in Canada
● Water governance, managing shared waters
● Water resource science and engineering
● Great Lakes matters
● Adapting to a changing climate
Possible topics under these themes include:
● First Nations and Indigenous roles in water governance and knowledge
● Cross-sector collaboration in water
● Water apportionment and Water Security
● Collaborative leadership – does it exist in water management in Canada?
● Flood management – from mapping floodplains to insuring the flooded
● Contaminants of emerging concern
● Public-Private Partnerships in water management
● Engaging and empowering citizens in collaborative water management
● Adaptation and building resilience in neighbourhoods, cities, and watersheds
● Advances in watershed management including cumulative effects assessment
● Sustainability Goals – Is Canada on track for water ?
● Advances in wastewater treatment
● Risk Communication in the Water Industry