The Call for Abstracts for CWRA 2023 is now closed. Thank you for all your submissions!
Read more about the requirements for abstract submission and submit your abstracts here on our website.
In support of the conference theme and key focuses, please see below for a list of subthemes to help in categorizing abstract submissions. In the abstract submission form, you can indicate multiple categories, if your abstract fits under more than one. This list should not be considered limiting for the topic of your abstract – for abstracts that do not fit into these topic categories, there is an ‘other’ option on the form for you to enter your subtheme. The conference program committee will determine final session themes from the submissions they receive.
- Indigenous knowledge, perspectives, and approaches (e.g., Two-Eyed Seeing)
- Indigenous water rights and management
- Nature-based solutions
- Stormwater management: traditional and alternative approaches (e.g., LID)
- Flood mapping, management, and mitigation
- Flood forecasting and response
- Water availability and scarcity
- Climate change adaptation in water resources
- Aquatic species at risk
- Coastal/freshwater interfaces and interactions
- Surface water/groundwater interactions
- Transboundary water management
- Agricultural water use
- Advancements in Science and Hydrology
- Innovative tools and technologies
- Water rights, policy, and governance
- Water management in the Canadian North
- Water quality and ecosystem health
- Hydrologic alteration: dams and diversions
- Experiences, lessons, and successes in collaboration & partnerships
Please see below for both an overview of the overall conference program as well as a breakdown of the technical sessions and presentations.
In the lead-up to the conference, minor adjustments to the program may still be necessary as a result of changes to registrations or otherwise – in these cases, we will contact speakers directly with any updates to the timing of their specific presentations. We encourage all attendees to continue monitoring this page for potential updates as we approach the conference dates.
You can download the PDF version of this information by clicking the button below.
Presentation Inquiry Contact Information:
Oral Presentation Contact:
Poster Presentation Contact: