Water Management Award of Excellence
Canadian Water Resources Association – Water Management Award of Excellence - 2017
The CWRA Water Management Award is intended to recognize CWRA members and their organizations for outstanding projects that make a significant contribution to the protection and wise management of Canada's water resources.
WHAT WILL BE THE PURPOSE FOR THE AWARD?
- To showcase projects that have demonstrated a commitment to the protection and wise management of Canada’s water resources.
- To showcase projects that would educate and stimulate awareness and understanding of Canada’s water resources and the recognition of the high priority and value of water.
- To raise awareness of CWRA to members and non-members.
WHAT WILL BE THE CRITERIA FOR CONSIDERATION FOR AWARD?
The award is open to any study or project that has demonstrated a commitment and innovation in the protection and wise management of Canada’s water.
Projects must be located in the host province of the National Conference. If project is a watershed-related study that crosses provincial boundaries, the project proponent/owner must be in the host province (i.e., Alberta (and the NWT) for the 2017 National Conference).
The award is open to organizations and requires that at least one core project team member be a CWRA member in good standing and that at least one core project team member attend the conference to accompany the submission. Project must have been substantially completed within the past four years of the award application deadline (i.e., February 1, 2013).
WHAT WILL BE THE PROCESS?
Stage 1 - Submission of an Entry.
Click Submit Entry above and select CWRA Water Managment Award in the Topic Area
Finalists will be notified of their selection to be showcased at the conference (Stage 2).
For an entry to be valid, a non-refundable entry fee of $100 must be submitted.
Please mail this form and entry fee cheque to:
- CWRA Alberta Branch, 9819 – 12 Avenue SW, Edmonton, Alberta T6X 0E3, Attn: Robyn Andrishak
Stage 2 - Conference showcase of award finalists
Submission of no more than a 10-page project summary. Project must adequately describe the project objectives, intent, constraints, challenges, accomplishments, and unique/outstanding elements, etc. Summary to be uploaded and attached to the project abstract - Dont forget your password!
A display board will be required from each finalist to be displayed during the conference. The display board poster will be mounted on foam core board or equivalent. Maximum (length + width) dimensions not to exceed 72” in total (i.e., 36” x 36” or 40” x 32”).
Judging would take place by the host conference organizing committee awards subcommittee. If members of the awards committee work for organizations that have submitted projects for consideration, these members shall abstain from the judging of their respective organization’s submissions.
Award winners will be given recognition during the awards presentation at the National Conference (May or June), a recognition page (8”x 10”) to be published in the CWRA WaterNews, a physical award and award certificate.
Important Dates and Information
- Entry form & fee due: must be received by Wednesday February 1, 2017
- Evaluation of Entries: February 13 to 24, 2017
- Notification of finalists for Stage 2: April 3, 2017
- Electronic submission (PDF) of Project Summary and display boards due: May 1, 2017.
- Display boards to be delivered by the proponent to the conference venue no later than the conference opening. The winning submission will be announced and the award presented during the conference banquet.